Ralentissement de la croissance économique dans la zone euro au 3ème trimestre, à seulement +0,2% au lieu de +0,4% attendu. La croissance italienne est retombée à zéro.
China intends to cut import taxes further and spend more on goods from abroad, as part of its efforts to open its economy, President Xi Jinping said.
- Xi said China’s goods imports will exceed $30 trillion over the next 15 years, while services imports will exceed $10 trillion
- Effects of policies to support the economy are showing, or will do so
- These statements are in line with China’s previous pledges on opening its economy and fostering consumption. The pledge on goods imports is higher than a promise Xi previously made, to buy $24 trillion
- In themselves, these comments don’t move the needle very far on trade policy – the government has already cut tariffs this year and said it would do so again
- And as we’ve pointed out here, the big-ticket import pledge is actually not that much more than China is doing already